Library staff available to assist staff and students Monday through Friday.
YHS 7:30am - 2:30pm
YMS 7:30am - 2:15pm
CRES 8:15am - 3:15pm
VES 8:00am - 3:00pm
Director of Tech & Libraries
Office hours are 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. Monday through Friday, except holidays
Library Media Services provides library services to all students and staff in the York Schools. Each school has a library housing a collection appropriate to the needs of the school population being served. Collections include books to support curriculum, for leisure reading, audio books, video recordings, and AV equipment for media creation, viewing and listening.
The York Schools libraries are a member of Minerva, a consortium of over 60 academic, public, school and special libraries in Maine, which provides access to over 7 million resources through a statewide delivery service.
- Professional resources collection - new materials added regularly with a focus on educational practice, curriculum, lesson planning, etc. primarily specific titles recommended by individual staff or requested by K-12 curriculum teams.
- Inter-library loan for print materials not owned in Minerva and MaineCat allow York Schools patrons to view collections in all our schools and holdings in libraries (school, public, academic and special) across the state, electronically request any item of interest with van delivery services to York twice weekly.
AV Equipment/Media Services
- Audio-visual equipment - TV, DVD/VCR mobile units, multimedia projectors, document cameras, audio books, digital cameras, and tablets, etc.
Instructional Support Services
- Print and non-print resources for classroom use
- Assistance with planning research projects
- Information literacy skills instruction including use of Minerva & database services
- Individual or small group research assistance
- Computer workstations in the libraries for student use
- On-line reference resources via Marvel! Maine's Virtual Library from any location in Maine, Grolier Online, World Book Online & content specific database access (varies by building - contact library staff FMI) & video streaming services (Discovery Education K-8 & Safari Montage at YHS)
We welcome suggestions for books, periodicals, or other kinds of instructional materials to be added to our collections. School Committee Policy requires preview of all instructional videos before use with students. Requests that meet library materials selection policy guidelines will be honored as the budget allows.