Curriculum includes :
- K-12 Curriculum
- Instructional Programs
- Assessment and Accountability (including NCLB Report Cards)
- Professional Development
Student learning in York's four schools is guided by comprehensive K-12 standards in all subject areas.
The curriculum has been developed to reflect the York School Department's Vision, Mission and Expectations for student learning and is aligned to the Maine Learning Results, including the Common Core State Standards in Math and English Language Arts.
K-12 Teams of teachers from each school develop, review and revise the curriculum continually, under the guidance of the Assistant Superintendent.
Our students achieve success through challenging and individualized learning experiences that promote active involvement and require personal responsibility.
York students will leave school:
- clear and effective communicators
- self-directed and life-long learners
- creative and practical problem solvers
- responsible and involved citizens
- collaborative and quality workers
- integrative and informed thinkers