|Acceptable Use Policy
Google Apps for Education Help
Frequently Asked Questions
Tom Rup - Network Technician
Lynne Moulton - Database Manager
Karen Hosmer - YMS Tech/MLTI
Nick Shuman - YMS Teacher/Coach
Annette Slone - ES Teacher/Coach
Office hours are 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. Monday through Friday, except holidays
Grade Two Internet Safety
Part 1 in the Library Media Center
Click on the file FP Internet Safety below to download the teacher discussion worksheet.
1. Introduction (teacher activity sheet available below)
2. Watch the Animated Movie, "Faux Paws Adventures on the Internet" at http://www.ikeepsafe.org/videos/
3. Guided Group Discussion (use teacher activity sheet)
4. Students fill out Activity Sheet (also available for download as a Word document)
5. Follow Up: Read Faux Paw Meets the First Lady (Powerpoint available)
Part 2 in the Computer Lab
1. As a class, we will make a list of Internet Safety Rules that we learned from the movie, presentation and website.
2. We will review the basics of the program KIDPIX on the computer.
3. The students' task will be to remember one Internet safety rule and teach others by creating a Safety Poster to hang in the lab.
NETS - S
5. Digital Citizenship
Students understand human, cultural, and societal
issues related to technology and practice legal and
a. Advocate and practice safe, legal, and responsible
use of information and technology
b. Exhibit a positive attitude toward using technology
that supports collaboration, learning, and productivity
c. Demonstrate personal responsibility for
d. Exhibit leadership for digital citizenship
6. Technology Operations and Concepts
Students demonstrate a sound understanding
of technology concepts, systems, and operations.
a. Understand and use technology systems
b. Select and use applications effectively
c. Troubleshoot systems and applications
d. Transfer current knowledge to learning
of new technologies
Common Core Standards
Production and Distribution of Writing
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.2.6 With guidance and support from adults, use a variety of digital tools to produce and publish writing, including in collaboration with peers.
ELA: Speaking and Listening
Comprehension and Collaboration
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.SL.2.1 Participate in collaborative conversations with diverse partners aboutgrade 2 topics and texts with peers and adults in small and larger groups.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.SL.2.1a Follow agreed-upon rules for discussions (e.g., gaining the floor in respectful ways, listening to others with care, speaking one at a time about the topics and texts under discussion).
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.SL.2.1b Build on others’ talk in conversations by linking their comments to the remarks of others.
CCSS.ELA-Literacy.SL.2.1c Ask for clarification and further explanation as needed about the topics and texts under discussion.
469 U.S. Route 1 York, Maine | Phone: 207-363-3403 | Fax: 207-363-5602 | Contact Us
As the tides of the ocean and the strength of the mountain shape our community, the York Schools' commitment to educational excellence and individual achievement shapes the future of each student.
The mission of York Schools is to educate, inspire and challenge all learners to be ethical citizens who will make a difference in a changing and complex world.