Grade One Internet Safety
Internet and Classroom SafetyPart 1 in the Library Media Center
1. First watch the Brainpop Jr. Video on "Internet Safety" http://www.brainpopjr.com/health/besafe/internetsafety/
(You will need to login username = vespop and the password = learning)
2. Go to the Word Wall to learn vocabulary
3. Take the quiz as a whole class
4. Watch the video "My Online Playground" at http://www.commonsensemedia.org/educators/lesson/going-places-safely-k-2Part 2 in the Computer Lab
1. A quick review will be shown on the basics of the computer program Kidpix.
2. Students will then draw a picture of their favorite website.
3. Each student will save their drawing and tell one thing they like about the site.
4. Their voice will be recorded to their drawing.
The teacher will merge all of these drawings with recorded explanations and create a slideshow to be posted to the school's webpage.
Mr. Lawson's Kidpix Tutorials for creating a class slideshow are located at the link below. http://www.yorkschools.org/k-4tech/Teachers/FOV1-00026A8D/Kidpix_Video_Tutorials/Kidpix_Video_Tutorials.html
Tech Standards NETS - S
An introduction to...
5. Digital Citizenship
Students understand human, cultural, and societal
issues related to technology and practice legal and
a. Advocate and practice safe, legal, and responsible
use of information and technology
b. Exhibit a positive attitude toward using technology
that supports collaboration, learning, and productivity
c. Demonstrate personal responsibility for
d. Exhibit leadership for digital citizenship
6. Technology Operations and Concepts
Students demonstrate a sound understanding
of technology concepts, systems, and operations.
a. Understand and use technology systems
b. Select and use applications effectively
c. Troubleshoot systems and applications
d. Transfer current knowledge to learning
of new technologies
Common Core Standards
Production and Distribution of Writing CCSS.ELA-Literacy.W.1.6
With guidance and support from adults, use a variety of digital tools to produce and publish writing, including in collaboration with peers.
ELA: Speaking and Listening
Comprehension and Collaboration CCSS.ELA-Literacy.SL.1.2
Ask and answer questions about key details in a text read aloud or information presented orally or through other media.
Presentation of Knowledge and Ideas CCSS.ELA-Literacy.SL.1.5
Add drawings or other visual displays to descriptions when appropriate to clarify ideas, thoughts, and feelings.