Village Elementary School
Coastal Ridge Elementary School
York Middle School
York High School
Office hours are 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. Monday through Friday, except holidays
- Professional resources collection - new materials added regularly with a focus on educational practice, curriculum, lesson planning, etc. primarily specific titles recommended by individual staff or requested by K-12 curriculum teams
- Professional journal routing (see list of titles) - sign up to be on the routing list of professional journals of interest to educators
- Faculty book ordering (see order form) - monthly opportunity to purchase books for personal use (not classroom materials) at library discounts up to 45% off
- Inter-library loan for print materials not owned ñ Minerva and MaineCat allow York Schools patrons to view collections in all our schools and holdings in libraries (school, public, academic and special) across the state, electronically request any item of interest with van delivery services to York twice weekly.
AV Equipment/Media Services
- Audio-visual equipment - TV&DVD/VCR mobile units, multimedia projectors, overhead projectors, slide projectors, cassette and CD players, digital cameras, camcorders, etc.
- Instructional video recordings (VHS/DVD) for teacher use and audio books of popular titles for student listening
- Blank audiotapes and videotapes (VHS and digital)
Instructional Support Services
- Print and non-print resources for classroom use
- Assistance with planning research projects
- Information literacy skills instruction including use of Minerva & database services
- Individual or small group research assistance
- Computer workstations in the libraries for student use
- On-line reference resources via Marvel! Maine's Virtual Library from any location in Maine, Grolier Online, World Book Online & content specific database access (varies by building - contact library staff FMI) & video streaming services (Discovery Education K-8 & Safari Montage at YHS)
Library staff available to assist staff and students 7:30 - 2:30 at YHS, 7:30 - 2:15 at YMS, 8:15 - 3:15 at CRES, and 8:00 - 3:00 at VES
We welcome suggestions for books, periodicals, or other kinds of instructional materials to be added to our collections. School Committee Policy requires preview of all instructional videos before use with students. Requests that meet library materials selection policy guidelines will be honored as the budget allows.
469 U.S. Route 1 York, Maine | Phone: 207-363-3403 | Fax: 207-363-5602 | Contact Us
As the tides of the ocean and the strength of the mountain shape our community, the York Schools' commitment to educational excellence and individual achievement shapes the future of each student.
The mission of York Schools is to educate, inspire and challenge all learners to be ethical citizens who will make a difference in a changing and complex world.