Professional Development Plan
National Board Certification
Office hours are 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. Monday through Friday, except holidays
Director of Curriculum and Instruction
The York School Department maintains a strong commitment to providing a coordinated and comprehensive professional development program for educators.
Guided by the York Educational Strategic Plan and the Professional Development Plan, the York Administrative Team and the K-12 Leadership Team coordinate professional development offerings that include:
- Through collaboration with the UMO Center for Comprehensive Literacy, graduate level literacy courses are available on-site in York, taught by our own, highly trained Teacher Leaders. York is a leading training center for elementary literacy teachers in southern Maine.
- A focus on providing educators with support to implement 21st Century Learning in their classrooms.
- A yearly Summer Institute that brings together educators from various school systems for shared professional development
- A focus on technology integration offerings, through Summer Institute and regular district newsletters.
- Professional Learning Communities that support continued professional reflection and growth at each school
- Leadership opportunities through K-12 Teams
- Collaboration with local universities, including the University of Southern Maine and the University of Maine.
- Tuition reimbursement options for advanced studies
469 U.S. Route 1 York, Maine | Phone: 207-363-3403 | Fax: 207-363-5602 | Contact Us
As the tides of the ocean and the strength of the mountain shape our community, the York Schools' commitment to educational excellence and individual achievement shapes the future of each student.
The mission of York Schools is to educate, inspire and challenge all learners to be ethical citizens who will make a difference in a changing and complex world.