Office hours are 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. Monday through Friday, except holidays
Director of Curriculum and Instruction
Curriculum and Instruction
The Curriculum Department is responsible for:
- K-12 Curriculum
- Assessment and Accountability (including NCLB Report Cards)
- Instructional Programs
- Professional Development
The Director of Curriculum and Instruction, in collaboration with York administrators, provides leadership in coordinating over 140 York educators who serve on twelve K-12 Teams. Responsibilities include:
We welcome feedback and input from York parents and community members about our instructional efforts in literacy, particularly as it relates to our federal NCLB grant development. Please contact Anita Bernhardt, Director of Curriculum and Instruction, with your thoughts and suggestions.
- guiding the development, review and revision of curriculum
- assisting in system-wide and school-level work in data analysis
- researching best practices in education that lead to adoption of high-quality programming
- designing and implementing a comprehensive program of professional development
469 U.S. Route 1 York, Maine | Phone: 207-363-3403 | Fax: 207-363-5602 | Contact Us
As the tides of the ocean and the strength of the mountain shape our community, the York Schools' commitment to educational excellence and individual achievement shapes the future of each student.
The mission of York Schools is to educate, inspire and challenge all learners to be ethical citizens who will make a difference in a changing and complex world.